Thursday, August 16, 2007

Something Special about the First Day

This is a picture of David this morning as he headed off for his first day of school. His backpack was full of his laptop and charger, the Stats book they would be using and some snacks. I think both he and I were feeling that same old feeling that seems to accompany the first day of anything. In the photo it might not be easy to see the look of excitement on his face, but it was certainly there. So he rode his bike up the big hill to campus and started a new chapter of life.
I am still trying to figure out what my next chapter is going to be. I have spent the last week furiously learning Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I guess I was actually accomplishing something during all of those long hours at the computer because today I finalized and submitted five greeting card designs as part of an interview process for a potential job. These Adobe programs have opened up a whole new world for me. I can hand paint an image as a starting point, and then adjust and add text as needed to create exactly what I had in mind. I am far from an expert, but I can imagine lots of possibilities. About the job, I hate to get my hopes up, or say too much yet...but it sure does look exciting.

2 comments:

Boysnberries' Brambles said...

Yahoo for new beginnings! (Bethany M.)

K&M said...

David and Kelley,

Great to read your happenings! Kelley, I can't wait to see your new projects! David, I'm glad the day has come for you to begin classes! That's exciting! We talked with Austin and Amy on skype last night while they were visiting with Uncle Dave and Aunt Linda!! They are having a great time. I love you and miss you!!
Marilyn