Friday, August 17, 2007

Free Concert - Gordon Lightfoot

Kelley and I checked out the Gordon Lightfoot concert tonight. The concert wasn't "free" but the vantage point we had was free. There is an outdoor ampitheater in Boulder and many people just bring blankets, chairs, dinner, etc and hang out and listen to the performers. It was fun. We heard the famous song "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

The city is starting to buzz with all of the undergraduate students moving in. The place goes from 75,000 to 100,000 in the next week or so. It should be interesting.

Tomorrow we are going to head up to Estes Park for one last mini-trip before school really kicks in. We'll stay at a hotel and go hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow and Sunday.

I've had 2 good days of orientation. My classmates are very interesting. I think I've met about half of the 79 so far. Two are from Ann Arbor.

Time for bed! Bye.

1 comment:

Nestabob said...

very nice blog!
http://nestabob.blogspot.com/