Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rodeo - Colorado Style



Normally, I consider myself quite a "worldly" kind of guy. I've been around the block a few times and I may have been known to say on occasion "this isn't my first rodeo, ya know". Well, last night WAS my first rodeo and I have to say it was awesome.

The event took place in Estes Park (about 45 minutes from Boulder). The rodeo ring had the mountains as a backdrop. The activities were way more exciting than I would have imagined and you know that without a doubt my cowgirl (Kelley) loved it all. Many people in the stands wore all of their cowboy/cowgirl gear, the announcer was very entertaining and the rodeo clowns were super.

The main event was the bull riding at the end but I think my favorite part was Bare Back Bronco riding or maybe the Mutton Busting (small children trying to ride sheep). I think Kelley preferred the Barrel Racing.

I recommend planning a trip to come visit us next summer during the Rooftop Rodeo!

No comments: