Monday, February 2, 2009

Design Competition is Over...

University of Colorado - ULI Real Estate Urban Design Competition...Dream Team!
For the past 2 weeks I have been working a lot with a group of engineering students from the Denver branch of the University of Colorado. That campus is referred to as CU-Denver. The guys I was working with are...
Tyler: He was our "vision" guy and he was in charge of compiling our final presentation.

Adam (left): He was our graphics guy. He knows the CAD systems inside and out. He introduced me to the quality music of "Tenacious D".
Carter (right): He was our "word" guy and he did the site plan. He lives in Boulder also and we got to enjoy riding down to Denver together on the bus.

Mike: He was our team leader, main pain in the $%&# and all around great guy to work with. He brought our team together. He is the kind of guy to says "exactly" what he is thinking!

Me: I was our financial guy. I learned a ton. I feel like I was able to put into practice a lot of what I have been learning at school.

Our team met every day at this building in downtown Denver. Our work room had some pretty nice views of the area. We were on the 7th floor.

Here was the team at about 4PM today...only 1 hour away from the submission deadline.

All in all it was an excellent 2 weeks. I learned a ton from the guys. They made me stretch and think about things such as: land use, personal space, zoning, parking, site planes, coverage, the feel of a place, vision, etc. I hope we advance on to the next round so we can work together again.
Thanks guys.

No comments: