Friday, November 28, 2008

Visit to The Shirkeys in El Paso, TX

Kelley and I have spent a few days in El Paso with our cousins Matt and Carrie Shirkey and with their children, Jackson and Annika. This is their home on the Fort Bliss Army Base.


My cousin Matt, below, is an Army Chaplain. On Thanksgiving morning he served dinner to the troops in his batallion. He and his fellow officers put on their Army blue dress suits.
Here below is the El Paso Shirkey family. Carrie and Matt and the kids.

They took us into New Mexico to a placed called White Sands National Park. You can see why it was called "White Sands."




Our final event of today was to have dinner at a Mexican restaurant named Barrigas.
You may wonder about my choice of "shorts"...well, it was a bit warmer than I expected and I didn't care to wear my jeans for the entire afternoon.

1 comment:

K&M said...

Whose shorts are those? :)