Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back in Boulder - Kelley's Big News

We arrived to Boulder on Monday afternoon. Mom and Dad Fannin, my classmate Kevin and one of our new neighbors helped us move in. The 2nd floor was a bit of a hassle, but we managed.

Our new address is:
1350 20th St, Apt K-36
Boulder, CO 80302

We are about 100 ft from our old apartment.

- - -

Until next Wednesday we are dog-sitting for my classmate Scott, so we haven't event slept in our new apartment yet. That's good because it's not ready.

- - -

Mom and Dad departed yesterday morning at 7:30AM and then our friend Jessica arrived last night at 10PM. She is staying with us for a few nights.

- - -

Now for Kelley's big news. She got an art job at a local book-making company. She is going to try the job for 1 month as a "contract" employee to see how it goes then they'll decide on the next step. She'll be able to walk to work (6 blocks) and her office is less than 1 block from the cool downtown area of Boulder so she'll be able to enjoy the coffee shops, etc. This will be a way for Kelley to "test" the full-time art world. Call Kelley for more details!

- - -

I started my spanish class yesterday and have already done my homework which is due tomorrow. My MBA classes start on September 8. I start teaching the undergraduate course on Friday (2 days away).

We've been hiking already and feel pretty good to be back in Boulder.

Please come see us!!!!!

1 comment:

Jesus said...

Hi, I just came across your blog searching for info about Boulder.

I am from Spain but I have been living in Michigan for the last 8 years.

I am planning on doing the MBA at Leeds School of Business next year.

I fell in love with Colorado a few years ago, and more so with Boulder last year when I stayed there for a couple of days during my hiking vacation.

How is your Leeds experience so far? Any tips for the application process?

My e-mail address: jessiemartin_2000@yahoo.com

By the way, my name is Jesus.

Thank you.