Monday, May 5, 2008

On The Road to San Fran - Day 2

We found another hopping spot for the 2nd sleeping spot on our cross country drive. Tonight we are in Battle Mountain, NV which was voted as "the armpit of America" a few years ago by some travellers group...it probably isn't that bad, but it does seem to be "back in time" a bit. We are basically in the center of the state. Tomorrow we have a 7 hour drive to San Francisco.



Before we left the state of Colorado we drove through the town of Dinosaur, CO.

I was surprised by the snow on the mountains in Utah and I was even more surprised by all the mountains in Nevada.Today we drove all the way through Utah. We stopped in Salt Lake City for lunch and checked out some of the Mormom stuff downtown. This is the big Mormom church. Kind of spooky if you ask me.


Kelley in the Mormom flower garden.
I think I drove for about 90 minutes without having to touch my brakes as we drove across the Great Salt Lake Desert...I was averaging about 82 mph so we made good time!

No comments: