Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back to school...and work...

Back to school this week. I really can't believe we had a month off. It was nice to get back to reality (well, reality for me at least...I know my dad thinks my life is "far" from reality).

My classes seem excellent. I have another finance course, macroeconomics, business ethics, real estate development, career development and decision modeling. I think the first 7 weeks will be a pretty full load then we drop economics for the 2nd half of the semester.

I start my internship tomorrow, so no long weekend for me. I don't have classes on Fridays so I am going to work on Fridays at a real estate investment bank. I think I'll learn a lot and hopefully learn whether this aspect of real estate is for me or not? Then, we have no school on Monday due to MLK Jr day, so we are really getting off to an easy start. I will be driving about 2 hours west on Monday morning to a city called Edwards, CO for a meeting with my mentor.

Kelley has had some exciting things happen this week. She started an oil painting class at a local art school, she started a yoga class that meets twice a week, she is playing volleyball once a week and she got a call for a possible free-lance art job. We're really excited about this free-lance opportunity as it will be illustrating a book.

We are starting to talk about plans for this summer. I think we both would really like to move to another city for a few months, but it seems most prudent to stay here in Boulder or Denver. I have talked to companies in San Francisco, Chicago and New York City so it's possible we could relocate for the summer.

That's the update from Boulder. Hope you are well.

David and Kelley

No comments: